View The Race Blog
Mill City Triathlon: The Best Race for First Time Triathletes
Are you a new triathlete? Have you always wanted to finish a triathlon? Is completing a triathlon on your “bucket list”? The Mill City Triathlon in Lowell, Massachusetts on June 26, 2016 may be the perfect race for you.
Why do I say this?
First off I have completed almost 100 multi-sport events from the sprint distance to the Ironman distance and well over 400 races in total. I know a thing or two about what it takes to complete an event. As new race director of the Mill City Triathlon my goal is to put on a safe and fun event that challenges veteran triathletes and allows new or first time triathletes an enjoyable race experience.
Top five reasons to add the Mill City Triathlon to your race schedule this summer:
- 1) Swim course: For most first timers the swim is the most intimidating. The sprint course swim at the Mill City Triathlon has a low intimidation factor. The course has been shortened to only a quarter mile and is an out and back. We have small swim waves and a very friendly group. You will not be intimidated!
- 2) Bike and Run Courses: Both the bike and run courses are one loop. We have added course videos for both courses so you will have plenty of opportunity to view the race course prior to race day. Both courses are mostly flat and have all right hand turns. Check out the course videos on our website: millcitytriathlon.com. Remember to View The Race Before You Do The Race!
- 3) Early start time: Summer is usually hot! We start at 7 AM to take advantage of hopefully cooler morning temperatures.
- 4) Amenities: We offer a safe and friendly environment, impressive post-race refreshments, finisher medals, bike support, and a few surprises to help commemorate your event finish.
- 5) Price: At only $59 until May 1st you will be hard pressed to beat this price. If you ever considered tackling your first triathlon why break the bank?
Check out our website (millcitytriathlon.com) and feel free to contact me if you have any questions about our event. We also have an Olympic distance race, Aquabike, and relay options for both our sprint and olympic distances.
Latest Blog Posts
Are you a new triathlete? Have you always wanted to finish a triathlon? Is completing a triathl
Last weekend I traveled to NYC to see all of the Christmas decorations, Rockefeller Center, and
Earlier this year I was looking for motivation and decided to enter me and my wife in the Chica